Mussel Chowder Recipe
Mussel Chowder Recipes
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely sliced
1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and finely
3/4 pint fish stock
8 oz potatoes, diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp chopped marjoram leaves
3 tbsp plain white flour
1/2 pint milk
1 lb mussels, cooked and shelled
1/4 pint single cream
salt and white pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, to garnish
crusty French bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a
- Add the bacon and fry over a
moderate heat until browned.
- Add the onions, celery and pepper
and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables
- Add the fish stock, potatoes, bay
leaf and marjoram.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the
heat, cover the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes
- Blend the flour with 1/4 pint of
the milk in a small bowl.
- Whisk the mixture into the
chowder, stir until it begins to boil, then slowly add the remaining
- Season to taste with salt and
- Lower the heat, add the mussels
and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Do not allow the chowder to boil.
- Stir in the cream and pour the
chowder into a heated soup tureen.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top
of garnish and serve with crusty French bread.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |