Mussel Soup with Saffron and Garlic Recipe
Mussel Soup with Saffron and Garlic Recipes
3 oz butter
1 onion, finely sliced
6 oz leeks, white part only, finely sliced
30-40 live mussels, scrubbed and beards
2 bouquet garni
4 fl oz white wine
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 oz carrot, thinly sliced
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
1.25 pints fish stock
pinch of saffron
1/4 pint double cream
salt and pepper
chervil fronds, to garnish
- Melt 1 oz of the butter in large
- Add 1/3 of the onion and leeks and
cook until soft.
- Add the mussels, bouquet garni and
wine, cover, cook over a high heat, stir, 4-5 minutes.
- When all the mussel shells have
opened, strain through a muslin-lined strainer set over a bowl to
catch the cooking juices.
- Remove the mussels from their
shells, discarding any which remain closed.
- Refrigerate until required.
- Melt the remaining butter in
saucepan, add the remaining onion and leeks, the garlic, carrots and
celery, fry over a low heat until soft.
- Add the stock and reserved mussel
- Reserve 12 mussels to garnish the
soup, chop the remainder and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and cook gently
for 20 minutes.
- Add the saffron and stir in the
- Transfer the soup to a food
processor and process until smooth.
- Return to the pan, taste and
adjust the seasoning.
- If necessary, stir in the reserved
whole mussels and bring back to boil.
- Serve with chervil fronds.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |