Prawn Gumbo Recipe
Prawn Gumbo Recipes
2 oz white long grain rice
2 oz butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and finely
4 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 pints fish stock
12 oz okra, trimmed and sliced
12 oz cooked, peeled prawns, thawed if
frozen and dried on kitchen paper
1 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly
salted water to the boil.
- Add the rice and cook for 8-10
minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large
- Add the garlic and onion and cook
over a low heat for about 5 minutes until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the red pepper and cook over a
moderate heat, stirring constantly, for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cayenne
and mix well.
- Pour in the fish stock and bring
the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Add the prawns, rice and lime
juice to the soup.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for a
further 5-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and
add a little more cayenne, if desired, ready to serve.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |