Smoked Ham and Bean Soup with Garlic Recipe
Smoked Ham and Bean Soup with Garlic Recipes
12 oz dried borlotti or cannellini beans
3.5 pints water
1 carrot, chopped
1 onion, quartered
1 bouquet garni
4 oz cooked smoked ham, diced
1.5 oz butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
1.5 tsp chopped parsley, to garnish
4 oz croutons, to serve
- Soak the beans overnight in cold
water, then drain.
- Put the beans in a large saucepan
with the water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil over a medium
- Add the carrot, onion, bouquet
garni and ham and simmer for 120 minutes, or until the beans are
- Remove the bouquet garni and
transfer the soup to a food processor or blender.
- Process to a puree, return it to
the pan and reheat over a medium heat.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based
- Add the shallots and garlic and
fry until golden.
- Add the chopped parsley and mix
- Turn off the heat and add this
mixture to the bean puree.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and
season with pepper.
- Pour the soup into warmed
individual bowls and garnish with parsley.
- Serve the croutons separately.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |