Turkish Style Pilav Recipe
Turkish Style Pilav Recipes
butter or margarine
675 g lamb
fillet, cut into small cubes
onions, peeled, grated
Italian round grain rice (now available as easy cook)
40 g pine
1 tsp salt
blanched tomatoes, skinned, chopped
- Sizzle butter or margarine and oil
in a large pan.
- Add lamb, a few pieces at a time,
and fry until well sealed.
- Remove to plate with draining
- Add onions and fry over medium
heat until golden, allowing about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, nuts, currants and
- Replace lamb, season with salt and
cinnamon then stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and
- Simmer over low heat for 30-35
minutes, the time depending very much on the rice.
- When ready, the grains should be
plump and tender, all the liquid absorbed and the lamb cooked
- Taste rice at this stage.
- If no liquid remains and grains
are a little chewy, add 150 ml extra boiling water and continue to
simmer for an extra 1/4 hour.
- Fork through then transfer to 4
warm plates and serve straight away.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Turkey Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |