Beef Wellington Recipe
Beef Wellington Recipes
fillet steak, tied
pastry, thawed if frozen
beaten, to glaze
ground black pepper
watercress, to garnish
chopped fresh parsley
sunflower oil, for frying
assorted wild and cultivated mushrooms, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C, Gas 7.
- Season the steak with pepper.
- On the hob, heat the oil in a roasting tin and brown the steak quickly on both sides.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-25 minutes according to taste.
- Cool and remove the string.
- Turn the oven to 190C, Gas 5.
- To make the pancakes, beat the flour, salt, half the milk, the egg and parsley together until smooth, then stir in the remaining milk.
- Fry three or four thin pancakes in a little oil.
- To make the pâté, fry the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until their juices evaporate.
- Blend in the cream, breadcrumbs and egg yolks to make a paste.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle 35 x 30cm.
- Place two pancakes on the pastry and spread with mushroom pâté.
- Place the beef on top and spread over any remaining pâté.
- Cover with the remaining pancakes.
- Cut out four squares from the corners of the pastry.
- Moisten the pastry edges with egg and wrap them over the meat.
- Decorate the top with the pastry trimmings and brush with egg.
- Cook for 40 minutes until golden.
- Garnish with watercress and serve.
This is a luxurious and delicious way
of serving a prime cut of beef.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |