Chicken Liver and Grand Marnier Pate Recipe
Chicken Liver and Grand Marnier Pate Recipes
finely chopped spring onions
frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
canned chicken consommé, undiluted
orange, very thinly sliced.
- Trim the chicken livers and place
them in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and stir to coat,
then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard the milk.
- Rinse the livers well, drain again
and dry with paper towels.
- Melt a third of the butter in a
large frying pan, add the spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or
until tender, but not brown.
- Add the chicken livers and cook,
stirring gently, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until just
- Remove the pan from the heat and
cool a little.
- Transfer the mixture to a food
processor and blend until very smooth.
- Chop the remaining butter and add
to the liver mixture with half of the Grand Marnier and half of the
- Process until creamy, then season.
- Spoon the pate into a 1.25 liter
serving dish, cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill for 90
minutes, or until firm.
- To make the jelly, whisk the
- Grand Marnier and 1/2 cup of the
chicken consommé together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the top
in an even layer then leave until the gelatine is spongy - do not
- Heat the remaining consommé, then
remove from the heat.
- Add the gelatine mixture to the
saucepan and stir gently to dissolve the gelatine.
- Leave the mixture to cool and
thicken to the consistency of an uncooked egg white.
- Press the orange slices lightly
into the surface of the pate and spoon the jelly over the top.
- Chill until set and serve at room
463.5mg; 1290kJ (310cal)
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |