Roast Beef with Yorkshire Puddings Recipe
Roast Beef with Yorkshire Puddings Recipes
Red Wine Gravy
piece roasting beef (Scotch fillet, rump
cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to very hot
240°C (475°F/ Gas 9).
- Rub the piece of beef with the
crushed garlic and some freshly cracked black pepper and drizzle
with the oil.
- Place on a rack in a large
roasting tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the Yorkshire
puddings, sift the plain flour and 1/2 tsp salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the
flour and whisk in the milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs
together until fluffy, then add to the batter and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and whisk until
large bubbles form on the surface.
- Cover the
- bowl with plastic wrap and chill
for 1 hour.
- Reduce the oven to moderate 180°C
(350°F/ Gas 4) and continue to roast the meat for 1 hour for a rare
result, or longer for well done.
- Cover loosely with foil and leave
in a warm place while cooking the Yorkshire puddings.
- Increase the oven temperature to
hot 220°C (425°F/ Gas 7).
- Pour off all the pan juices into a
jug and spoon 1/2 tsp of the juices into each of twelve 1/3 cup
patty or muffin holes.
- Reserve the remaining juice for
- Heat the muffin holes in the oven
until the fat is almost smoking.
- Whisk the batter again until
bubbles form on the surface.
- Pour into each muffin hole to
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they
are puffed and lightly golden.
- Make the gravy while the puddings
- To make the gravy, heat 2 tbsp of
the reserved pan juices in the roasting tin, on the stove, over low
- Add the flour and stir well,
scraping the dish to incorporate all the sediment.
- Cook the gravy over medium heat
for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the flour is well
- Remove from the heat and gradually
stir in the wine and stock.
- Return to the heat, stirring
constantly, until the gravy boils and thickens.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, then season
to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Strain, if desired.
- Serve the beef with the hot
Yorkshire puddings and gravy.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |