Stilton Tartlets Recipe
Stilton Tartlets Recipes
1 egg yolk
Stilton cheese, crumbled
dried mixed herbs
freshly ground black pepper
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt
into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles
- Mix the egg yolk with the water
and stir in to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth, wrap in clear
firm and chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, melt the
butter stir in the flour and then the milk.
- Boil to thicken, stirring.
- Off the heat, beat in the cheese
- Bring the cream and herbs to the
- Reduce to 30ml.
- Beat into the sauce with the egg
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas 5.
- On a floured work surface, roll
out the pastry 3mm thick.
- Stamp out rounds with a fluted
cutter and use to line your chosen tartlet tins.
- Divide the filling among the
tartlets: they should be filled only two thirds full.
- Stamp out smaller fluted rounds or
star shapes for the tops and lay on top of each tartlet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until
puffed and golden brown.
These can be made in shallow tartlet
tins to serve hot as a first course. You could also make them in tiny
cocktail tins and serve as warm canapés.
Cooking Tip - The short crust pastry
can also be made in a food processor, if you prefer.
Serves 6 - 8
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |