steaks, each weighing 175-225 g
fresh root ginger, grated
chilies, seeded and chopped
skinned, seeded, and diced
leaves, to garnish
zest and juice 1 lemon
- Wash cod steaks and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place in a greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with salt and
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion and fry, stirring for about
5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in coconut, ginger, garlic, chilies and
chili powder and
fry, stirring for 3-5 minutes, until golden down.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice and simmer, covered for 10 minutes
to soften coconut.
- Preheat oven to 160oC (325oF), Gas 3.
- Stir coriander and tomatoes into coconut mixture and spoon over
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- Serve hot, garnished with oregano leaves.
Cover with foil during cooking if coconut begins to brown too much.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price