Oxtail Casserole Cooking Recipe
Oxtail Casserole Cooking Recipes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 oxtail, trimmed and cut into pieces
1 onion, sliced
14 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
12 oz parsnips, diced
2 tbsp corn flour
- Heat the oil in a flameproof
casserole, add the oxtail pieces and brown on all sides.
- Remove from the casserole with a
- Add the onions to the casserole
and cook gently until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, cloves
and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then
reduce the heat and simmer very slowly for 120 minutes.
- Skim off the fat, add the diced
parsnip, re-cover and cook for a further 60 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour with a little
cold water, then stir it into the casserole and cook for 2-3
- Serve with new or jacket potatoes
and green vegetables, such as broccoli, beans or courgettes.
Use red wine instead of the stock.
Substitute swede or turnip in place of the parsnip. Add chopped fresh
herbs instead the bay leaf.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |