Sausage and Bacon Plait Cooking Recipe
Sausage and Bacon Plait Cooking Recipes
9 oz ready-made shortcrust pastry
beaten egg, to glaze
8 oz sausage meat
8 oz back bacon, rinded and chopped
2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced or chopped
2 leeks, trimmed and finely chopped
1 tsp dried sage or oregano
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry to a 12 in square.
- Mix all the filling ingredients
together in a bowl, spoon the mixture down the centre one third of
the pastry, leaving the sides clear.
- Brush the uncovered pastry with
beaten egg and cut into diagonal slices about 1/2 in thick.
- Lift strips from each side
alternately and place over the filling to form a roll resembling a
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg
and bake for 45-60 minutes.
Replace the leeks with onion.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |