Vegetable Tempura Japanese Recipe
Vegetable Tempura Japanese Recipes
peeled and grated
fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
wedges, to garnish
- Cut carrot and turnip into 5 cm (2
in) long shreds.
- Cut beans diagonally into fine
- Heat plenty of oil in a wok or
deep frying pan to 170oC (340oF).
- Meanwhile, make batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly
beat egg and pour in ice cold water.
- Stir just 2-3 times, then add
- Using 3 or 4 chopsticks or a fork,
very lightly mix batter with just a few strokes.
- Do not whisk or over mix - the
batter should be very lumpy.
- Put all the vegetable shreds into
the bowl and gently fold in.
- Carefully drop a tablespoon at a
time of battered vegetables into oil.
- Fry a few at a time and remove
from oil when both sides are light golden and drain on absorbent
- Repeat until all battered
vegetables are cooked.
- Arrange them on a large serving
plate or individual plates with heaps of grated daikon and ginger.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Quickly heat dashi, soy sauce and
mirin in a pan and pour it into small individual bowls.
- Serve hot.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |