Lentil Soup Recipe
Lentil Soup Recipes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
6 oz brown continental lentils
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 pints chicken stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried marjoram
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large
heavy-based saucepan until foaming.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook
over a low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until
- Add the lentils and garlic and
stir well to mix, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the tomato puree, stir until
it is thoroughly mixed into the liquid, then add the marjoram and
season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Half cover and simmer gently for
- Pour half of the soup into a food
processor and process until smooth, then return to the pan of soup
and stir to mix.
- Add water to thin down the
consistency, if necessary, then taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with marjoram
leaves and grated Parmesan.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |