Vegetable Terrine Recipes
eggplants, cut lengthways into 3mm slices
small zucchini, cut lengthways into 3mm
red wine vinegar
virgin olive oil
fresh basil leaves
firm goat's cheese, sliced
Roma tomatoes, cut lengthways into 3mm
red wine vinegar, extra
olive oil, extra
- Cut the capsicums into large
pieces, removing the seeds and membrane.
- Place, skin-side-up, under a hot
grill until the skin blackens.
- Cool in a plastic bag, then peel.
- Heat half the oil in a frying an,
add the eggplant in batches and cook over medium heat for 2-3
minutes each side, or until golden.
- Repeat with the zucchini, adding
more oil if needed.
- Line a 10.5 x 21 cm, (7cm deep)
loaf tin with plastic wrap, so that it hangs over the long sides.
- Combine the vinegar and virgin
olive oil and season with pepper.
- Line the base of the tin with one
third of the eggplant, then sprinkle with a little of the vinegar
- Top with all the zucchini.
- Add layers in the following order,
sprinkling with a little of the vinegar mix between each layer; half
the rocket, half the capsicum, the basil, goat's cheese, tomato,
half the remaining eggplant, the remaining rocket, then the
- Finish with the remaining
- Cover with the plastic wrap.
- Put a piece of cardboard on top
and weight it down with small food cans.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the dressing, whisk
together the extra vinegar and oil.
- To serve, turn out onto a plate
and remove the plastic wrap.
- Cut into slices, then drizzle with
17mg; 1412kJ (337 cal)
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price