chilies, seeded and finely chopped
garlic, finely chopped
galangal, finely chopped
lemon grass, finely chopped
firm white fish, such as halibut, cod, hake or monkfish, cut into about 2 cm
- Using a pestle and mortar or small
blender, briefly mix together chilies, garlic, shallot, galangal,
lemon grass and fish sauce.
- Turn into a bowl, stir in basil
leaves and fish.
- Divide between 3 or 4 pieces
banana leaf or aluminum foil.
- Fold leaves or foil over fish to
make neat parcels.
- Secure leaves with a wooden
cocktail stick (toothpick), or fold foil edges tightly together.
- Put parcels in a steaming basket.
- Place over boiling water and steam
for about 7 minutes until fish is lightly cooked.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price