fish, such as pomfret, plump lemon sole or plaice, weighing about 700 g,
gutted and cleaned
oil plus extra for deep frying
garlic, thinly sliced
onion, halved and thinly sliced
fresh root ginger, finely chopped
onion brushes, to garnish
freshly ground black pepper
flour for coating
- Season flour with salt and
peppers, then use to lightly dust fish.
- Heat oil in a large deep-fat fryer
to 180oC (350oF), add fish and cook for 4-5
minutes, turning halfway through, until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil
in a wok, add garlic, onion and ginger and cook, stirring
occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 2
- Stir in fish sauce, 3-4
tablespoons water and spring onions.
- Simmer briefly.
- Using a fish slice, transfer fish
to absorbent kitchen paper to drain.
- Transfer fish to a warmed serving
plate and spoon over sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion brushes.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price