Cheese and Peanut Scone Round Recipe
Cheese and Peanut Scone Round Recipes
225 g self
1 tsp salt
butter, margarine or white vegetable cooking fat
Cheddar cheese, finely grated
salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt
and mustard into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in fat finely.
- Toss in cheese and nuts.
- Add milk in one go and mix to a
soft dough by stirring with a fork.
- Turn out on to a floured surface,
knead quickly and lightly until smooth then shape into a ball.
- Place on greased baking tray.
- Using floured fingers or rolling
pin, press out to 3/4" (2 cm) in thickness.
- Score into 8 wedges with the back
of a knife.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake
until golden brown in hot oven, 425F, Gas 7.
- Allow about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and leave
- Divide into triangles, using score
lines as a guide.
- Serve when just cold by breaking
each triangle in half and spreading with butter, margarine or peanut
Whether served simply enough with a
filling of butter or peanut butter, or eaten with egg dishes, these
scone triangles are a sheer joy freshly baked. Quite delicious and a
nourishing meal with a robust mixed salad.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Cheese Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |