Chestnut Cheese Casserole Recipe
Chestnut Cheese Casserole Recipes
dried chestnuts, soaked overnight, drained
1 tsp salt
butter or margarine
Cheddar cheese, grated
slices brown bread, de-crusted, turned into crumbs
- Put chestnuts into a pan.
- Add boiling water to cover then
stir in salt.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and
- Simmer for 3/4 to 1 hour or until
chestnuts are tender.
- Rinse with cold water, drain again
and break into small chunks.
- Fill a 1.25 liter greased
heatproof dish with alternate layers of chestnuts and cheese.
- End with cheese and sprinkle with
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in oven
425F, Gas 7.
- When ready, the mixture should be
very hot and the top golden brown and crisp.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Cheese Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |