Tuna with Tomatoes, Peppers and Garlic Recipe
Tuna with Tomatoes, Peppers and Garlic Recipes
plain flour, for dusting
1kg tuna steaks, 2cm thick
6 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 onions, sliced
2 large tomatoes, quartered
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 bouquet garni
200ml dry white wine
salt and pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped basil, to garnish
- Season the flour with salt and
pepper and dust the tuna steaks with it.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a
- Add the tuna stakes and fry over a
low heat, turning once to seal both sides.
- Remove from the pan and transfer
to an ovenproof dish.
- Meanwhile, place the red and green
peppers under a hot grill, turning occasionally until they are
charred and blistered all over.
- Allow them to cool and then peel
and slice them, discarding the seeds.
- Heat the remaining olive oil.
- Add the onions and fry over a low
heat until soft and golden brown.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, garlic and
- Season to taste with salt and
pepper and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to boil, remove
- Cover tuna steaks with sauce, bake
in oven 400F, gar mark 6, 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F,
gas mark 3, cover the dish and cook the tuna for a further 30
- Ready to serve, sprinkled with
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Fish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |