Buah Keluak Chicken Cooking Recipe
Buah Keluak Chicken
chicken, cut into 16 pieces
buah keluak, soaked overnight and scrubbed
with a brush
tamarind, soaked with 1 liter water and
piece fresh turmeric
candlenuts, washed well
fresh red chilies, sliced
stalk lemon grass, bruised
- Chip off the smooth part of he
buah keluak at the thicker end of he nut with a pestle and mortar.
- Using a fork, dig out the whole of
the black pulpy nut.
- Put aside the empty shell but
discard if it smells rotten.
- Pound the nut pulp until it is all
- Add in the minced pork, 2 tsp
sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Pound again until well mixed.
- Fill the shells with the buah
keluak mixture and keep aside.
- Pound the candlenuts, galangal,
turmeric, chilies, shrimp paste in that order.
- Add in the shallots and pound to
bind the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the
pounded ingredients until fragrant.
- Stir fry for 2 - 4 minutes until
the spices are cooked.
- Add in the tamarind juice,
chicken, buah keluak and lemon grass.
- Season to taste.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30
minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
Serves 6 - 8
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |