Cekor Chicken Cooking Recipe
small red onions
salt and sugar to taste
- Cut the chicken into 2 cm cubes.
- Grind finely the cekor root, small
onions and ginger.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the
ground ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken meat and enough
water to cook it.
- Simmer until dry and add salt to
- Mix well and serve hot with rice.
Serves 6 - 8
Cekor root is a small fragrant white
ginger. It is used only in Nyonya cooking. The leaves, which are just as
fragrant, are used in certain Nyonya dishes. The Malays use the root as
a herb for a new born baby during the first 44 days of its life, which
is also the confinement period of the mother. The root is mixed with
some other herbs, wrapped in a cloth, heated and used to warm the baby's
body after his morning bath. This is supposed to prevent wind or colic.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |