Yellow Glutinous Rice (Nasi Kunyit) Recipe
Yellow Glutinous Rice (Nasi Kunyit) Recipes
rice, washed and drained
leaves, washed and knotted
- Add in ground turmeric, lemon
juice and water to a level 7.5 cm above the rice.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- Drain off the water just before
- Line the base of a steamer with
banana leaf, pricking holes through the leaf where the steamer holes
are to allow the steam through.
- Place the rice on the banana leaf
with the screw pine leaves.
- Steam for 20 minutes over rapidly
- Scoop the rice into a large bowl
and pour in the thin coconut milk.
- Stir, then cover and steam for
another 10 minutes.
- When rice is almost cooked, stir
in the thick coconut milk.
- Continue steaming until the rice
- Serve with chicken curry and a
sambal of your choice.
Serves 4 - 6
The Nyonya distribute Yellow Glutinous
Rice (Nasi Kunyit) with hard boiled eggs dyed red to friends and
relatives to celebrate to new baby's first month. This is adopted from
the Malay custom.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |