Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Recipe
Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Recipes
1 tbsp soy
green pepper, seeded and diced
red pepper, seeded and diced
unsweetened, canned pineapple, drained (juice reserved) and chopped
6 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice
- Rinse the rice under cold, running
- Place the rice in a large
saucepan, cover with 750ml water.
- Bring to the boil, boil for 30-35
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine
the chicken breasts, soy sauce and the 250ml of water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and
simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Leave cooking juices in the
saucepan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts across
into narrow strips.
- Return the chicken to its cooking
juices in the saucepan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir mixture over low heat for
about 10 minutes, or until completely heated through.
- Drain the cooked rice, rinse under
hot, running water.
- Stir in rice into the other
ingredients or arrange the chicken on a bed of the cooked rice.
Tip - When you do have time, prepare
meals in bulk, divide into portions and freeze. Casseroles, soups, and
low fat sauces can be frozen easily and will reheat in the microwave
Serves 2 - 4
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Rice Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |