Beet Fillet with Beetroot Relish Recipe
Beet Fillet with Beetroot Relish
250g fresh beetroot
1/4 cup oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1/4 cup port
1 tbsp apricot jam
1.5 tbsp cider vinegar
1 kg beef fillet
1/4 cup wholegrain mustard
6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup horseradish
- Place the beetroot in a saucepan
of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 25-30 minutes,
or until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Drain, when cool enough to handle,
peel and chop.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in
saucepan, add the onion and cook, stirring, over medium heat for
5-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook,
stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the port, jam, vinegar and
beetroot, then simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or
- Mash with a potato masher to break
up some of the beetroot, remove from the heat, season and leave to
- Preheat the oven to 425F Gas 7.
- Heat the remaining oil in a hot
frying pan and cook the beef for 2 minutes each side, or until well
browned. Cool slightly.
- Coat the beef with an even layer
- Place the fillet in a roasting tin
and surround with the whole garlic cloves.
- Roast the beef for 20 minutes for
medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Set aside to rest.
- Mix together the sour cream and
horseradish in a small bowl.
- Serve the beef either warm or at
room temperature with the roasted garlic, beetroot relish and a
dollop of the horseradish cream.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Summer Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |