Mushroom and Parsley
ripe Roma tomatoes
fresh basil, shredded
clove garlic, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
small button mushrooms, quartered
goat's cheese crumbled
finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
sliced crusty white Italian-style bread,
cut into 1 cm slices
cloves garlic, halved
- To make the classic Tuscan
topping, score a cross in the base of each tomato and palce in a
bowl of boiling water for 10 seconds, then plunge into cold water.
- Peel the skin away from the cross.
- Cut in half and scoop out the
seeds with a teaspoon.
- Finely dice the flesh, then
combine with the basil, garlic and oil.
- To make the mushroom and parsley
topping, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms over
medium heat for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove from the heat and transfer
to a small bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice, cheese,
parsley and thyme.
- Toast the bread and, while still
hot, rub with the cut side of a garlic clove.
- Drizzle oil over each slice of
bread, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Divided the toppings among the
4.5mg; 1459kJ (350 cal)
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Summer Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |