chicken, very finely chopped
crab meat, flaked
onions, finely chopped
sprouts, finely chopped
ground black pepper
rice paper wrappers (spring roll wrappers), each about 18 cm in diameter
oil for frying
Dipping sauce, to serve
basil leaves, Thai mint leaves and lettuce leaves, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together chicken,
crab meat, spring onions, bean sprouts, carrot, fish sauce and black
- Brush both sides of each wrapper
liberally with water and set aside to soften.
- Cut each wrapper into 4 wedges.
- Place a small amount of fillings
near wide end of one wedge, fold end over filling, tuck in sides and
- Repeat with remaining wedges and
- In a wok, heat oil to 190oC
- Fry rolls in batches for 2-3
minutes until crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve hot.
- To eat, sprinkle each roll with
herbs, then wrap in a lettuce leaf and dip into dipping sauce.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price